Sunday, March 8, 2009

certifiable

certifiable |ˌsərtəˈfīəbəl|
adjective
1 able or needing to be certified : encephalitis was a certifiable condition | little hope for certifiable progress.
2 officially recognized as needing treatment for a mental disorder.
informal crazy : the world of fashion is almost entirely insane, the people who work in it mainly certifiable.
DERIVATIVES
certifiably |-blē| adjective

I'm sure this isn't a unique thought, and it makes perfect sense in terms of the nature of the things I'm interested in, but do you ever get the feeling that the mythic, tradition-stories that we've based our societies upon are actually about you?  I can't shake the feeling that my wife and I are living the book of genesis.  It's universal so yeah, but sometimes I get the distinct impression that it is "our story".  Like, there really is only one moment and all of history is taking place now.  The linear of time isn't.  Our life and day to day is writing the Hebrew bible.

Anyway, I need to wash the dishes.

No comments: