Saturday, January 3, 2009

"It Only Takes A Moment"


Do you know where "The New Earth" is located?  There is only one spot where one can find it, (and you are there NOW!)  What about purpose?  Have an idea about what one should value and where to find it?



ACCOUNTANT
So Lloyd, you graduated Lakeside, right?

LLOYD
Yes sir.

ACCOUNTANT
What are you going to do now?

JIM
Yeah Lloyd. What are your plans for the future?

LLOYD
Spend as much time as possible with Diane before she leaves.

JIM
Seriously, Lloyd.

LLOYD
I'm totally and completely serious.

JIM
No, really.

LLOYD
You mean like career? Uh, I don't know. I've, I've thought
about this quite a bit sir, and I'd have to say considering
what's waiting out there for me, I don't want to sell anything,
buy anything or process anything as a career. I don't want to
sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or
processed, or... process anything sold, bought or processed, or
repair anything sold, bought or processed, you know, as a career
I don't want to do that. So, uh, my father's in the army, he
wants me to join, but I can't work for that corporation, so what
I've been doing lately is kickboxing, which is really a, uh, new
sport, but I think it's got a good future. As far as career
longevity goes, I don't really know, because, you know, you can't
really tell. Your training sticks (?) as a fighter, you know,
but it's no good, you know, you have to be great, but I can't
really tell if I'm great until I've had a couple of pro fights.
But I haven't been knocked out yet. I don't know, I can't figure
it all out tonight sir, I'm going to hang with your daughter.


Sonny: I've come to take you out of here.
Kira: It can't be done. No one's ever taken anyone out of here. Not in the whole history of... the whole history!
Sonny: I'll make them let you go. Zeus! Zeus, you hear me?
Kira: Oh, God.



Female Heavenly Voice: [after Kira's "Suspended in Time"] Maybe just one moment, darling.
Male Heavenly Voice [Zeus]: Well, maybe just one moment. Or forever. I keep getting them mixed up, too.


No comments: